Why Online Video?
It’s hard for me to realize what I see as the obvious and common sense isn’t really common knowledge to everyone else.
So here’s some food for thought. And please let me know by adding a comment below if you learned anything here.
1) Online Video improves your Search Engine Rankings. oogle will give a website more weight that has a video than one that doesn’t.
Not sure you believe that? Check out this post from a YouTube blog.
(Again, I want to assume you all know this, but just in case I’ll say it here regardless… Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billlion in 2006.
Let me say this in another way. The Number One Search Engine owns the Number One Video Sharing Site.)
Still don’t believe me, I dare you to try it and tell me how your search engine results change. I’ll save another post for how you can make your video even more noticed from the search engines… one hint for today is to use Captions.
2) Video provides your visitors a Personal Connection, adding to your “Know, Like, and Trust Factor”, adding to your bottom line.
3) Post a video on YouTube and other video sharing sites to reach a bigger world wide audience.
4) Please tell me you have heard that “a picture is worth a thousand words” quote before…. Well I ask you, if a picture is worth a thousand words than what is a video worth?
5) Video training engages your students with their eyes, ears and sometimes their mouse… comparing this to an e-book or an audio, a video is going to hold more people’s eye balls on your product/lesson.
If you are not using video in your business, I think your crazy. I’ve seen it time and again with my clients how their traffic increases by 10 times before they added a video to website.
Now, I know I should add some pictures or a video in my blog posts. Yet my biggest struggle is with building content on this blog, I’m going to post this puppy without a video or an image for now and add something later.
I hope someone learns something from reading this post. Leave a comment below